Saturday 28 February 2009




Wednesday was a challenging day. It started off with me not concentrating and tripping up the escalator at Baker Street Station (at least it was up!) and cracking my knee on the edge of the next metal step - s**t that hurt - it was bizarre the different emotions I experienced.


  1. Terror - I see moving metal approaching me very quickly
  2. Confusion - What's going on? I'm not meant to be down here, sprawled completely un-lady-like
  3. Possessiveness - Grab tight of everything on person - mobile, travel card, handbag, document you were reading on train and bag which was on shoulder with "stuff" in it, which on reflection could have been surplus to requirements this morning
  4. Shock - Think I might cry now, the bottom lip is quivering - luckily it was only for a split second as it could have been even more embarrassing then tripping in-front of hundreds of rush hour commuters!
  5. Worry - Have I ripped my trousers? I have a meeting at a large advertising agency in half an hour with people I haven't met before, is my knee bleeding?
  6. Relief - Safely in office, no rip, no blood, bowl of porridge/banana/maple syrup, time to gather thoughts for meeting and get a cab to large advertising agency with only 5 minutes to get there before meeting, it's just not going to happen.
Time to compose myself and metamorphose myself back into 37 me and not 63 my mother who regularly trips up!
Perhaps I should take more water with it!

No comments: