Thursday 24 April 2008

A mixed bag

Sunshine, rain, sunshine, rain, thunder, lightening, pouring rain, sunshine..... the only thing we avoided today were high winds and snow.


And after a hard day getting clients to sign off my colour choices, explaining three times where I want some wall lights to the electrician (god you wouldn't think it was so difficult even when I'd drawn the position on the wall!) and hard negotiation to tie my contractors down to a completion date I popped into my favourite charity shop. I'm a bit of a "thrifter" at heart and find it very hard to pass a charity shop without "nipping" in to see what little gems they may have. Mr S always knows what's coming when we come across one - "I'm just going to..." - I don't even get through the whole sentence now without him raising his eyebrows which is my cue to quickly disappear through the doorway before he changes his mind!

So I was very excited to find myself a new case to hold my pens - do you think it will mean I won't loose so many to chippy's (how many pencils do they need behind their ears at any one time?), a Miffy flannel (I love Miffy!) and a brand new Orla Kiely purse - which I am sure will be used mostly to hold my receipts rather than money!



It's been a real mixed bag today.

1 comment:

julie said...

Oooh, you certainly bagged some gems there. Like you I can't pass a charity shop a quick snoop - it's all in a good cause though, right?!